**Sat 12/2 Reconciliation/RE Retreat, registration begins at 830am, at least one parent should attend with student. The students will receive 1st Reconciliation. Student will participate in 3 stations while parents are in FORMED/Forgiven session. We will end together in the church hopefully by 11:30am-12pm. Ending time depends on students and confession.
- Today is the last session for Confession classes, new book will be given in Jan 2024 for Communion
- 6th-12th will continue to use the same book
- Students will receive 1st Reconciliation at the Retreat on 12/2
- If you haven't already turned in your child's baptism certificate, please do so prior to Sat 12/2
- Communion classes start in January 2024 for parent and child. Please see schedule of dates below.
- No HC mass dates have been set as yet.
- The Ten Commandments and Beatitudes
- The Sacraments (Busted Halo videos)
- Watched The Greatest Miracle / El Gran Milagro. This movie is free on youtube.
- Reminded parents....
- 11/1 All Saints Day Festival (Trunk-o-Treat, Saints Walk), including YM Fundraiser. Asking for donations of items to make pozole. All Saints Day Mass (6pm English and 730pm Spanish), students will come dressed as saint
- 11/2 All Souls Day. Bring a 4x6 picture of a deceased family member for our "ofrenda"
- Saint Reports are due for the next class (11/4) or before
- Have students come up for blessing (arms crossed) at mass. For Wed students (6th-12th), be sure to talk with students not to receive communion yet, only blessing.
- For 3rd-5th, use blue mass booklets. For 6th-12th, use missalettes.
- Offer to take the Vocations Chalice home
- Wed Nov 1 All Saints Day Mass, 6p/English & 730p/Español @ABVM
With two masses, we are offering a split attendance for students to attend All Saints Day mass. Please click on the link below to select whether you will be attending the English or Spanish mass. Student will need to be there an hour prior to mass, dressed as your saint and ready.
Con dos misas, estamos ofreciendo asistencia dividida para los estudiantes para ir a misa. Por favor, haga clic en el enlace de abajo para seleccionar si va a asistir a la misa en Inglés o Español. El estudiante tendrá que estar allí una hora antes de la misa, vestido como su santo y listo.
- Passed out student workbook, mass book and parent magazine
- Students reviewed CH #1 and #2
- Parents learned about the liturgical year (colors and seasons), days of obligation, precepts of the church, 4 pillars and parts of the mass. These topics are in the Outlines of the Catholic Faith booklets.
If you missed the parent meeting for ABVM held on Sunday 9/17, please stop by the DRE office to check to see if your son/daughter is on the list for 23-24 preparation classes and to pick up a commitment form. Classes for student and parent begin Saturday 10/7 9am-11am. Review page 10 from the Parent Handbook regarding First Reconciliation and First Communion Expectations.
Si no asistió a la Reunión de Padres el Domingo, 17 de Septiembre en ABVM, por favor pase por la oficina de la DRE para verificar si su hijo(a) está en la lista de 23-24 para clases de preparacion y para recoger una Forma de Compromiso. Las clases para Estudiantes y Padres comienzan el 7 de Octobre, a las 9am-11am. Revise la página 10 del Manual de Padres sobre las expectativas de la Primera Reconciliación y Primera Comunion.
ABVM Informational Meeting for Parent(s) / Reunion Informativa(s) para Padres
- Review page 10 from the Parent Handbook regarding First Reconciliation and First Communion Expectations.
- Revise la página 10 del Manual de Padres sobre las expectativas de la Primera Reconciliación y Primera Comunion.
** FIRST RECONCILIATION (Confession) and FIRST EUCHARIST (Communion)
Child must : ● Be in 3rd grade or older ● Have already been Baptized (if not, see RCIA) ● Must be actively attending weekly Faith Formation for at least ONE year prior to beginning RE/HC Prep ● Parent & child must attend RE/HC Prep, including Retreat ● Parent must attend informational meeting
If you plan on attending our preparation program and receiving the sacrament at another parish, you must get permission from the Bishop's office. Contact our office for more information. Si planea asistir a nuestro programa de preparación y recibir el sacramento en otra parroquia, debe obtener el permiso de la oficina del Obispo. Contacte nuestra oficina para mas informacion.